I'm fine in the fire, I feed on the friction, I'm right where I should be don't try and fix me

Fix me is a song written by Jesse Hasek, Morgan Rose and myself. Its takes the view of the last year and throws it into a "Then to now" and the trials we've been through. I'm mostly responsable for the chorus where it says "I'm fine in the fire, I feed on the Friction, I'm right where I should be don't try and fix me" and that comes from the last year or so of me trying to find out who I am and where I am supposed to be. Now just recently as the song was being written I found that "Right where I should be" for now and am happy here. Tomorrow Aug 20th is my 26 months alchol free. I've been together with Katelynn for almost 3 months and I really couldn't be happier. Also with "Fix me" coming out on Aug 31st with Feeding the Wolves another song on that album called "I Blame You" was written about me by a close friend and his point of view of the last two years of the things I did and the things I went through and the things I put others around me through. It really got me thinking after listening to the song and reading the lyrics. I really put some people through hell along with putting myself through hell. So to those who the last 3 years of my life affected..I appologize.

2 Response to "I'm fine in the fire, I feed on the friction, I'm right where I should be don't try and fix me"

  1. Monique Says:

    I am not sure if you check this anymore, I read and felt that I needed to comment.

    You know how it is when a song comes along with the right words at exactly the right time? The first time I heard Fix Me, I was in the car, at night. I literally stopped in a parking lot and pulled my notebook out of my purse. I wrote down the chorus so I could google it when I got home. I'd never heard of 10 Years (I know! How is that possible?) I bought the CD that night. It was on repeat for about a week before I wanted to listen to anything else.

    If I could scream something to the world, it would be the chorus of Fix Me. My story is different than yours. I've been through different stuff. Bad Stuff. But...nearly ten years later...I can honestly say that it doesn't matter anymore. Not as much, comparatively speaking, as the changes that came about because of all the bad.

    "I'm fine in the fire. I feed on the friction. I'm right where I should be."

    No fixing required. I can trust me. I can trust God. I am one tough lady. I can defend me and mine. I survived, and I am a better person for it.

    That's what the chorus means to me.

    Anyway. This is the long-winded, sappy, slightly weird way of saying that your words fit like a puzzle piece in a broken part of me. And that is a precious gift. So...thank you.

    I hope all the best for you on your own journey: strength and comfort and clarity and people around you who honestly give a shit. That sure makes it a whole lot easier;)

    God bless and again, thanks.

  2. Monique Says:

    Wait, I did a little googling and I am not coming up with your name on this song anywhere. That'll teach me for not looking at the digital booklet before puking up my guts online.

    So if I just got had: peace. The sentiment is the same. I wish you the best.

    But I feel like an ass. Please delete my comments if you see this.

Post a Comment